THE PROPOSAL

When I first designed this site, I wrote this: 
"This is still to come! Yes, we are planning a wedding before being engaged. What can I say, government regulations make you do crazy things!"
I am excited to announce that this is no longer accurate! Phil did propose in a fantastically wonderful way, exactly one week before our April wedding.

Phil had me pretty convinced that he was "too busy" to figure out proposing to me. Many times I was told that we are being unconventional already, so why not have the proposal come after the wedding. 

Saturday morning started like every other morning- I went for a run and Phil worked on studying some Chinese (or so I was told). There was some breakfast eaten and some showers taken. Then, Phil ran to the cobbler to ask about his shoes. While he was out, I worked on printing our Save the Dates and getting them ready to mail out. When Phil came home, he printed "his presentation" that he had been working on all morning and we got ready to head out for a drink. 

As we were getting ready to go, Phil called me into the bedroom to help him with something. He placed me in front of some paper, shut the door, and left. The "paper" was actually a prenuptial agreement. {I should insert here that this agreement is not your typical prenup. It is fun and very creative and includes things like: "Make no more than two jokes per week about Slim's Minnesotan accent, particularly her pronunciation of bagels, bags, and any word with a long "o"} While I was busy reading the agreement, Phil was converting our living room into our first date. 

Two years in the past:
On our first date, we packed up a picnic lunch and started walking to Isar (an ancient fortress in Shtip, Macedonia where Phil lived). We reached the base of the hill and it started raining. There was no shelter up at Isar, so we headed back to Phil's house. There, Phil converted his kitchen/dining room/living room into a blanket fort and we had our picnic in the fort. 

Back to present day:
A few minutes later, Phil came and collected me and brought me into the living room. He had rain playing on his computer and the umbrella that my parents just gave us sitting out. He said instead of walking in the rain, we would head to the blanket fort instead. He had me sit outside of the fort while he crawled inside. I asked if I could come in and was told, I could if I was willing to spend the rest of my life with Phil. I crawled in and Phil pulled out that infamous box and asked me to marry him. I of course said "YES!" and he slid the ring onto my finger. We then celebrated with champagne and mango sorbet.

He did good. He did real good!