THE RING


This ring was Phil's grandmother's. It is her engagement ring (almost exactly what I would have picked out if I had done it myself!) and her wedding band fused together. It could not be any more perfect.

When we looked at rings about a month ago, I expressed my thoughts to Phil. He then kicked me out of the room and had a "chat with the jeweler about cost", or in reality explained to the jeweler that he already had a ring (I had no idea at all!). The jeweler cleaned it up and made it all sparkly.

Many have asked what we are going to do when it comes to exchanging rings. First, we decided we would save exchanging rings until the October wedding. Second, we decided that we want to keep this ring exactly as it is, because I feel absolutely honored to be wearing Mildred's ring. We are going to get a second wedding band, a bit less flashy, to wear when this one isn't appropriate for whatever reason (some places in the world, a ring like this one will make me a target for kidnapping). We have also considered buying a wedding band from each country we live in, something that is special and unique to that country (i.e. China will be perhaps jade). There are so many possibilities out there, but the one thing I know is that this ring is perfect, absolutely perfect.